Apr 25, 2014 - 09:32 AM
There are three methods for determining whether the PSCAD USB lock is being detected by the machine that is running the license:
Get Info Utility
- Ensure the USB lock is plugged in.
- Download “GetInfo32.zip” from the following link:
- In the downloaded folder, open “GetInfo32.exe”. When prompted whether to test shortcuts, select “No”.
- The Get Info utility will gather information about your system.
- After the utility is done retrieving information, scroll down to “Lock Info (direct access)”. If the
“Customer ID” lists the license number, then the lock is detected.
- Display the Device Manager from the Control Panel.
- In the Device Manager, open the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" folder.
- If "SafeNet USB SuperPro/UltraPro" is listed, then the lock is detected.
If the License Manager has been installed and started on the Server:
- Locate the Lmgrd-log.txt file.
- Open the file, and if a message similar to the following is shown, then the USB lock is detected:
“Detected lock *** on USB”