What is the easy way to convert line and cable implementation using phase model to PI Model?
I´ve just implemented project to model a eletric network in Brazil, 60Hz, with the following main segments:
1) A power supply of 138 kV connected in a 3 Phase 2 winding transformer, 25MVA and 138kV (Primary) to 13,8 kV (secundary), simulating the utility's substation.
2) A transmission line of 6km, 13,8 kV, from substation until a point near a build x.
3) A medium voltage underground cable of 100 m from point x until a 3 Phase 2 winding transformer T1, 750 kVA and 13.8kV (Primary) to 220 V (secundary, line to line), simulating the build's substation.
4) From T1 there´re are 3 low voltage three phase circuits with 3 cable cable1 (30 m), cable2 (50m) and cable3 (110m) connected with 3 different loads.
5) I´ve just implement the project using phase model to cable and lines but the simulation is very slow. I'm using a academic version, but I can get a professional version.
I know the best configuration to my project is use PI segment to model cable and lines. But don't know how generate the parameters, matriz with parameters of cable and line constants, to input in the PI segment. So my questions are:
Q1) Are there a tutorial in PSCAD 4.6 to help in this task?
Q2) Can I use the files generated by the project that implement phase model (5), like cable1.out, cable2.out, line1.out, etc; to use in the PI model project, just repleacing eache TCable and TLine to a "PI Section Transmission Line"?
Thanks in advanced,
Open Jun 12, 2018 - 04:14 PM
cable, line, PI-SECTION