Aug 18, 2017 - 01:12 PM
There are a few things you can do to speed up the simulation.
1) Do you need 20 seconds worth of simuation? If not, make it shorter.
2) Perhaps you can try 20 us time step. 100 us is quite large. I wouldn't go above 50 us for most types of systems.
3) Disable graphic animation. Go to project settings. At the very bottom is an option to show animations. If you do not care about animated multimeter displays or other minor graphics, then turn this off. This makes it a little bit faster.
4) Are there transmission lines in the case? If so, you can break the case into several smaller cases disributed onto multiple cores using ENI. If your interested in this pleae contact PSCAD support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Ultimately the speed of your simulation depends on your machine. If you have access to a faster machine, try running the case on it.
I hope this helps.